Travel is a privilege and one of our greatest treasures, right? We all should have a travel bucket list. Who wouldn’t want to experience something wondrous or incredibly #beautiful, whether made by man or Mother Nature? This year, as the Department of Tourism launches their Visit The Philippines 2015 #VisitPH2015 campaign, we’ve compiled a list of where we are going this year!
In no particular order, here are the judges’ top 5… char. Kidding aside, here’s what’s on our bucket list for travel destinations for this year!
Our Travel Dates #VisitPH2015 Travel Bucket List
Sinulog, Cebu City
- Why Here: We just can’t say NO to this coloful festival! Plus, you’ve got to give yourself the chance to experience one of the biggest festivals in the Philippines on its 35th year! Feeling like joining the big street party? Keep these handy: Sinulog 2015 Schedule / Sinulog 2015 Survival Guide for Partygoers
- What To Eat: Cebu Lechon, Balamban Liempo, Larsian BBQ
White Water Rafting Adventure, Cagayan De Oro
- Why Here: We’re heard a lot of fun and exciting stories from our friends who’ve come to experience this great white rapid adventure. We’re up for the pure adrenaline challenge!
- What To Eat: Turones De Mani, Hamon Cagayan, Biscotti, Pastel
Bantayan Island, Cebu City
- Why Here: Other than getting a good tan on the beautiful white sand beaches after Sinulog, Ogtong Cave, the Shrines of St. Peter and St. Paul are something we’d love to drop by!
- What To Eat: Danggit Buwad, Dayok, Dried Snake Fish
- Why Here: Our friends said there’s a one-of-a-kind beauty of Cavinti. The thrilling Underground river and Cave complex, plus the emerging White Water Rafting is on our checklist!
- What To Eat: Kakanin Sa Talulo, Calamay Laguna
Vigan, Ilocos Sur
- Why Here: Recently awarded as part of the NEW7WONDERS cities, Vigan is best for travelers who love colonial or heritage structures straight from the Calle Crisologo. Aside from that, Vigan is home to the very famous Ilocos empanada!
- What To Eat: Vigan Longganisa, Bagnet, Pinakbet, Ilocos Empanada
- Why Here: For someone who loves interacting with giant marine animals, Oslob is the place to be. An added attraction is your trip to Oslob. The centuries old churches and turquoise waters of the Cebu Strait is a must see!
- What To Eat: CarCar Chicharon
- Why Here: Home to the Lubi-Lubi Festival, Sarangani is also known for their tuna industry. The SarBay festival is an emerging festival in Mandanao. Plus, we’d love to experience the wild party that is the Sarbay Fest 2015!
- What To Eat: Boneless Bangus, Tuna Longganisa, Tuna Tocino
Panglao Island, Bohol
- Why Here: Apart from the famous Chocolate Hills and Loboc River, Bohol is home to the majestic white sand island of Panglao. An added tour to Balicasag Island is an experience no one should miss every time you visit Bohol.
- What To Eat: Calamay, Peanut Kisses, Broas
Laz Casas Filipinas De Acuzar, Bataan
- Why Here: Next to Vigan, Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar yearns for Filipinos to step back into the past, and re-live the traditions and practices that are distinct to our culture. The inspiring structures including the capiz windows and the beautiful old generation street lights is something we’d love to see here.
- What To Eat: Smoked Fish Flakes, Grilled Chicken Soup
Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens & Spa, Antipolo, Rizal
- Why Here: We’ve been hearing a lot about this hidden gem in Antipolo so this year, we’re making sure we will mark a huge check on this place! The Infinity Pool, and an exciting view of Laguna de Bay and Manila skyline invited us to spend a serene and peaceful moment together at Luljetta’s… soon.
- What To Eat: Adobong Kasoy, Fried Suman
- Why Here: Last year, it was an awesome experience to travel to Puerto Princesa City in Palawan. It was our primary plan to head to Coron after, but soon as we realized the length of travel to get there from PPS, we decided to just move our Coron experience this year. It’s the beauty of the picturesque Cayangan Lake that made us push that “book now” button!
- What To Eat: Pizza Marinara, Kinilaw
Caramoan, Camarines Sur
- Why Here: Home to the Survivor series, Caramoan is said to be one of the most unspoiled beaches in the Philippines. Traveling to this exciting place will also lead you to pay a visit to Mayon Volcano, an exciting waterports fun at CamSur Wakeboarding Complex, and more!
- What To Eat: Laing, Laing Pizza
Labor Day Boracay (Laboracay), Aklan
- Why Here: With all the “walwal” nights, emptied sunblock bottles, food and hipon, and the great sun tan, you’ll forget the stress from hordes of people, it sure is going to mark as your best Labor Day vacation experience!
- What To Eat: There’s a bunch. It’s all up to you!
El Nido, Palawan
- Why Here: And of course to cap off this list, this is the best year to pay respect to the winner of “Asia’s Responsible Tourism” Award in the 2014 World Travel Awards, the El Nido Resorts.
- What To Eat: Chili Garlic Crabs, Seafood Pizza
Your turn! We might be missing something in here so comment up before we get our travel bags ready and go super!